ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rssarma
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,400Gear list
Like?
NYC Winter in Central Park [D700 + 24-120 F/3.5-5.6]
Feb 10, 2011

Hi Everyone,

Here are a few shots from last weekend as I strolled around Central Park in NYC.

I recently got the 24-120mm F/3.5-5.6 VR lens and these pictures wre more of a means to test this lens and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.

I know this lens has a bad rep and has been recently replaced by the more expensive F/4 lens, but for under $300 there's very little to complain about this lens. I use it primarily at about F/8-11 and it does really well at those apertures. I never expected this lens to be a low-light demon, but for a walk around lens, its compact, covers an excellent focal range and is very nicely sharp!

Having gotten used to the most excellent 12-60mm Zuiko on my Olympus cameras, I'm very comfortable with this range and find it very useful. Although this lens doesn't compare to the Zuiko in sharpness or speed, I have very little to complain considering the price :-).

So, if you're in the market for a nice, low-price zoom, take a 2nd look at this lens. FYI, I was previously using the Tamron 24-135mm lens which is also very nice, but I prefer the Nikon over the Tamrom, mainly for the VR.

Here are the pictures, all C&C is much appreciated!

-- hide signature --
 rssarma's gear list:rssarma's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow