Started Feb 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Toefuzz
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Bag Help - Trip to Disney
Feb 10, 2011

Greetings all! I've been searching for a bag for awhile now (though from what I've read so is everyone else) and haven't quite found what I'm looking for... the sheer number of bags and designs is staggering and I was hoping some of the more experienced bag users could point me in the right direction.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1 - Carry a laptop along with my DSLR, couple of lenses, various power cords, accessories, etc along with an extra compartment for random crap my wife makes me carry (doesn't have to be huge but a decent size would be nice).

2 - Comfortable (obviously). I'm a big guy and not in the greatest shape (though round is a pretty big shape) so something comfortable without being overly heavy is a plus.

3 - Easy access to camera (like a Sling I guess). Most of the pictures are of my kids and they don't like waiting for me to dig a camera out so something with easy access to the camera is a huge plus and this seems to be the biggest stumbling point, considering I'd like it to carry a laptop as well. The main reason for the laptop is to make my life easier on the plane (two bags down to one) so it won't be carried around on the day trips.

4 - Tripod attachment. This isn't a deal breaker, though last time we were there I found myself wishing I had one with me.

So far the best I've been able to find is the Kata DR-467i but I think it fails the easy access test. http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?Version=Photo&p_Id=508

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow