Started Feb 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Backdoctor
Forum ProPosts: 13,893
Like?
Gulf Coast of Florida trip...
Feb 9, 2011

went with my fiance for a short trip to the Gulf Coast. She had heard about my prior trips and wanted to join in. I took my D300, 400 f2.8, 300 f4 and tc's. She had her Canon P&S, and I lended her my Nikon coolpix P90 as it has 24x optical zoom. More reach than her Canon.

We started out in St. Pete by an eagles nest in a cemetery. There is always a lot of action there, though overall its nice and dead quiet ( couldnt help myself)

after 4 hours of eagles, we needed to liven it up, so we headed towards Ft DeSoto park. An absolutely beautiful day, blue skies an temps in the 70's.

Not a lot of action there, but got some shots off:

from there finished the day at the Venice Rookery. They opened up the back of it so we can shoot with the light behind us..

We had a good dinner and nights sleep, then the next day started at Bunche Beach in Ft. Myers

From there we moved to Sanibel and the Lighthouse:

We then moved to Ding Darling NWR:

And no visit is completer without stopping at Cape Coral for Burrowing Owls

After this trip my fiance decided she needed more camera, so we got her a D90 with 18-105vr. She can share my long glass. With a 70-200 VR, 300 f4, 400 f2.8 an assorted tc's we should be fine.

-- hide signature --

Harris

PBase/DPReview/NTF supporter
Egret Stalker #4, WSSA #29

http://www.pbase.com/backdoctor

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow