ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Persona Viva
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Photography Equipment
Feb 6, 2011

Dear Friends,

I have been Browsing several Indian and International Photography Related Websites.

Many Including me are left badly confused after the exhaustive research,or at-least of which we seem to have illusion of having done.
Reasons:

1. NIKON v/s CANON
2. Cost of Respective equipment

3. Video Capability of One Manufacturer(Canon,of which one just cannot resist the temptation) V/S Superior Low light(ISO) Performance of the other manufacturer(Nikon)

4. Nikon has UNDISPUTED Nikon 200-400mm(ALAS Thanks to Mr.Thom Hogan and alike who feels its a tad soft for farther subjects) and all the most loveable Wide Angle Lens
5 Some Contrast related issues between the two manufactures
Subject
Mainly wildlife

1. Small Birds
2. Birds In Flight

3. Incredible Tigers and massive elephants in close range(LOVE INCREDIBLE INDIA FOR THAT)

Method of Shooting

1. Safari jeep(Most of the time)
2 Sometimes with monopod
3 When opportunity favours Tripod with Wimberly-2 Gimbal Head
My QUESTION
Whats the best set of equipment??????????
I have two options in my mind

OPTION 1.   ALL The way Nikon

1. Nikon D3s+ Nikon 200-400mm F/4 along with

2. Nikon D300s +Nikon 500mm F/4 VR II(Not 600 as its too heavy, difficult to manoeuvre)
3. Nikon 300mm 2.8 and Nikon 105mm F/2.8 Macro
Pros

A clear Speed : Superb Shutter Speed, Buffer for faster Shutter Speed and Unparalleled in* Low Light/HIGH ISO PERFORMANCE*
Cons
NO HD VIDEO CAPABILITIES

2. OPTION 2.   COMBINATION OF NIKON and CANON

1. Nikon D3s + Nikon 500mm F/4 VR II(Not 600 as its too heavy, difficult to manoeuvre) along with
2. Canon 1D Mark IV + 100-400 F/4.5-5.6 (this is a compromise, any options )
3 300mm2.8(N?? or C??) MACRO????
Pros

A clear Speed : Superb Shutter Speed, Buffer for faster Shutter Speed and a good HD Video compatibility 1080i @ 30FPS
Cons
A Let Down in* Low Light/HIGH ISO PERFORMANCE*
Difficulty in SWITCHING Between two Legends ON-FIELD
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well Friends this Long prologue is from and amateurs point of view and Comparison is with Limited Knowledge and limited to Canon and NIKON only , Lack of Hands on Exposure to Lieca/Pentax/Sony Etc Etc is attributed for the same, please feel free to correct any inadvertent errors.

I would request the readers to liberally contribute your views and suggestions to aid and guide thousands like me , am sure a healthy discussion such as these will help beginners and semi pros in a long way.....
Warm Regards

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow