Started Feb 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J2Gphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Still glad I picked the E-5 over the D7000-7D
Feb 5, 2011

I have to agree to a point about the E-5 review. What a frickin joke. I had my foot out the door from the system until I used one and then read the initial reviews. How a camera can receive such high praise EVERYWHERE else and then get a luke warm review from DP is beyond me. I've shot over 1600 ISO with amazing results and to see them talk about the D7000's image quality being better? Or the E-5 lagging behind is just pure nonsense. I read in another post about how they have not seen one good picture shot with a D7000, I have to agree. The images I have seen out of that camera are so mediocre I was surprised to see it.

I posted something a long time ago about dragging the cursor around the test photo and how they did not have the right E-5 image to begin with ( which changed suddenly with no explanation) and I still believe this today. If you bump the ISO up to 1600 and compare the E-5 to the 7D, D7000 and the K-5 it has better quality and detail then the D7000, just as good as the 7D and slightly less IQ then the K-5. I'm sorry but the proof is right there in front of us and the reviewer is saying the opposite. How the review can be this biased is mind boggling. A warmed over E-3? come on they said the E-30 was better than the E-3 in many ways in it's reviews blah blah blah and my E-5 blows away my E-30 on every level. But to be fair isn't every camera pretty much an improved previous camera body with some new tweaks in it's guts? Aren't they all pretty much taken from the same basic design? If you blocked off the name and model and lined them up would you easily be able to determine each body?

I bought my E-5 based on the MANY raving reviews I read about it. From Pop Photo to just people on line. I have no regrets, it has lived up to everything I hoped it would be. I was even shopping a new system before I bought it and in the end I liked the E-5 over the 7D and D7000 easily. DP has proven one thing to me. Their reviews cannot be taken as the final word and opinion. Not after this review. What I thought used to be the sought out respectable review site has proven it has become CRAP. Not trying to sound like a fan boy, but their review reads like they have a completely different camera than the one I am using.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow