Started Feb 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bulbvivid
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Another 60D vs. T2i but with a Twist
Feb 4, 2011

Folks, I'm kind of bombing in here at the last minute, but I was hoping members here could help me with my quandary. I'm going to be purchasing a new camera, and I am choosing between the 60d and the T2i.

I have a Rebel XT currently and use a 50mm 1.4, a 28mm 1.8, and and the 100mm 2.8 macro.

I need a new "walkaround" lens and was looking at the Tamron 17-50 (non-VC). I love my primes, but with a six-year-old daughter, a zoom would be handy in a number of situations.

Basically, I can get the T2i and the Tamron lens for about the same price as the 60D with the 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS. I like the focal length range of the 18-135 (going to Disney and it seems like it would work well there), but I understand its shortcomings. I haven't used one though, so I don't know if it's passable or worthless.

So, what say you? Given that I already have some decent lenses, should I look at the better body? Or should I go with my gut and not scrimp on glass and go with the lesser body? The conundrum gets harder with the closeness in image quality between the 60D and the T2i. I also plan on using the video feature (again with the daughter) so I don't have to tote a separate video camera.

Any comments to help with my decision will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow