Started Feb 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BradM73
Regular MemberPosts: 215
Like?
D7000 + SB800 in Commander Mode?
Feb 3, 2011

I'm having some problems configuring my SB-800 to fire properly in commander mode as a remote flash. I thought I had everything set correctly, the shutter fired off, but no flash. About 30 seconds later, my SB-800 fired and just about gave me a heart attack!

The SB-800 works normally on the camera and use in conjunction with the on-camera flash. But if I want to use the SB-800 as a sole remote flash without the on-camera flash, it doesn't seem to work.

It is my understanding that the D7000 supports triggering the remote flash via IR, but I can't figure out how to get it to work. I've already been through the SB-800 manual as well as the D7000 manual, and either I'm not understanding how to set things up properly, or it just isn't going to work.

Furthermore, when the camera is set to CMD mode, it doesn't even seem like the flash is firing at the correct time either. I see absolutely no difference in the images with or without the flash. Any suggestions of exactly how to set the camera and SB-800 so that they work together properly?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow