China, Australia California what to take.

Started Jan 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Bigbob Irwin
Bigbob Irwin OP Contributing Member • Posts: 860
Re: China, Australia California what to take.

Thanks everyone for the input and options gives me food for thought never thought of the UWA end of things. I guess it will be my last big trip so the temptation is to take the best glass I have got or can afford in the lightest package maybe 500D 18-50 sigma sigma 10-20 if I can get the money together and take the 100-400 but leave it in the hotel unless there is a day out where I can take long people shots or wildlife I could ask the guide in China. In Australia it is not so bad as I will be based in one location and staying with my elderly Mother who is now 87 years young so probably not venturing too far. California particularly Yosemite and Brice is a complete unknown to me I guess with the huge Redwoods there the UWA would be the lens to go for but I would be cross with my self if I walked around a bit and had a chance to shoot a black bear or Bob cat or something and did not have the 100-400 to hand.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow