Started Feb 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbramham
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,276Gear list
Like?
Some recent B&W D700 photos.
Feb 3, 2011

Some recent B&W photos from my D700. Lenses used were either a Nikon 16-35vr or a Nikon 70-300vr.

Ian
http://ianbramham.com/
http://ianbramham.aminus3.com/ (Photoblog)

1 - "Another Place"

A 15 second exposure using a Lee 'Big Stopper' ND filter of one of sculptor Antony Gormley's famous life size statues in the water at Crosby Beach, England.

I've recently bought a new tripod ballhead and I was testing it out - it's an Acratech GV2 and is brilliant.....rock solid and the open ball design is ideal for the kind of beach photography I love as it's less susceptible to damage from all the blowing sand.

15 secs; f/5.6; 300 mm; ISO 200

2 - Millenium Bridge, Salford Quays.

Photographed just before dawn on one of the frequent misty mornings we've been getting recently here in Manchester (UK)

It was a handheld shot at 1/15 second; f/4.0; 20 mm; ISO 2800 (auto iso)

3 - Île de la Cité, Paris
Inspired by the wonderful versions by Cartier-Bresson and Michael Kenna

A 2 second exposure using a 6 stop 'B+W' nd filter to give slight blur to the water; f/8.0; 35 mm; ISO 200

4 - Half & Half

This is the view you get if you look at the Eiffel Tower through an extreme wide angle lens like the 16-35 as you walk toward the tower through the tree lined avenues of the Parc du Champ de Mars.

1/125; f/8.0; 17 mm; ISO 200

5 - A 'Murmuration' of Starlings.

Starlings coming in to roost at dusk on the structure of Runcorn Bridge on the River Mersey.

There were thousands upon thousands of them coming in waves over a period of about 1/4 of an hour.

Exposure 1/30th; f/8.0; 18 mm; ISO 200

6 - Winter Sun

Low winter sun casting shadows over a snow covered landscape near home in Cheshire.

1/2000; f/8.0; 16 mm; ISO 200

ianbramham's gear list:ianbramham's gear list
Nikon D800
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow