USB wireless adapter question

Started Feb 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
Digitalize
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Re: USB wireless adapter question
In reply to chipster2, Feb 3, 2011

thanks everyone for your help. It sounds like it is not as easy as I had hoped. But, I can always wire it directly, but it is a distance. thanks again.

chipster2 wrote:

Digitalize wrote:

I have a Panasonic TV with a Ethernet input in the back. I was wondering the best and lowest cost way to connect wireless to my router. Can I somehow hook up a USB wireless device? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis,

Bob is correct. Unless Panasonic has a a device designed for your TV to connect wirelessly, you will not be able to use a USB to Ethernet adapter because there is no way to load a driver on your TV.

I did find an external WiFi to Ethernet bridge that should work on here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124338

I would start by contacting Panasonic support to see if they do have a solution then if they don't, try to run an Ethernet cable from your router to the TV.

If neither of the above will work, then look for a WiFi to Ethernet bridge like the above.

My Sony Bravia KDL-46EX700 came with a WiFi adapter and it works well.

Chip
--

'I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.'

Digitalize's gear list:Digitalize's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow