Olympus 28mm f2 lens and adapter question

Started Jan 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
gzpenguin
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: Olympus 28mm f2 lens and adapter question
In reply to John Bean (UK), Feb 1, 2011

It's not clear to me whether it's actually a problem with the lens. Please disregard the following if it is.

I don't have the lens you have but I do have Olympus lenses. There's a small piece on the rear, just outside the rear element, that moves to the side to stop down the lens. With the lens off the camera, set the aperture ring to the smallest aperture, f16, f22, whatever. On the rear of the lens, find this piece and move to the side. If the aperture closes down to the set aperture, the lens is fine. This piece is what the film camera uses to stop down the lens, it operates the same mechanism as the depth of field preview button on the side of the lens. If it's working, it's just a matter of inserting the lens into the adapter so that it is moved and held in the stopped own position in the adapter. The adapter will have a raised protion somewhere on the inside ring where the lens is inserted to hold it in position. The "red dot" may not accurately indicate the position where the lens should be inserted.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow