NEX-5 Video - crazy shutter speeds.

Started Jan 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
danw82
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
Re: NEX-5 Video - crazy shutter speeds.
In reply to dvcinlv, Jan 31, 2011

I suppose it depends on the definition of professional, it's a pretty broad term. I know RED is the first hint of anything digital that might replace celluloid film in movie making... but I was under the impression that some more dedicated digital kit at least had sensors tailored to video resolutions and maybe employed less heavy chroma subsampling and video compression.

I realise EVILs all share much the same downsides, that's why It seemed to me that no matter their current aspirations, none of the current crop are really going to challenge conventional recording formats for the time being, despite appearing to be perfectly capable of doing so if they just had more horsepower and could combine sensor data on the fly, rather than pixel-binning.

I realise that's way past the remit of the NEX 5 (it gets toasty enough after a half hour's AVCHD encoding :-P), but I would have thought the VG-10 might have provided some extra processing grunt to make more use of the sensor data and raise itself to a truly groundbreaking product.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow