Started Jan 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
newfounder
Regular MemberPosts: 378
Like?
80-200mm used by pro
Jan 31, 2011

Saw the photographer use this lens and a D3(or D3s or D3x). Just in front of the finish line of Miami Marathon I saw the phtographer use this lens and the camera was on a monopod. Yes, they make living on this and we can safely say they are pro. From the LCD on top I could see he set M exposure at f8 and 1/500 s. Could not see ISO with auto focus. The camera point to the south on in coming runers approaching to finish line with bright sun just overhead in the perfect sunshine day. This kind of phtograph are so public, they take a lot shot and send small samples to runners hoping they like some and buy. So the quality demand is not as high as thos wedding photograph. Another photographer was on the other end and I could not tell which lens/camera he was using. The light was so good that its not nessesary to use the 70-200mm. He may use this relative cheap (to the 70-200mm) lens in this kind of public shot and use the 70-200 on assignment with higher demand such as wedding shoot. Just a thought.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow