Started Jan 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,978Gear list
Like?
s95 - Big City Walk (PICS) - 28mm & 105mm
Jan 30, 2011

I went into the city today to pick up a model rocket for my NASA display. Sometimes I use them as an illustration reference although I suspect that I'm really just pandering to my inner child. My wife was elsewhere in the city so I figured I'd take a walk around the town (Sydney, Australia) with the Canon PowerShot s95 before I met up with her in the evening. No post-processing other than resizing to 1024 pixels.

Canon PowerShot s95
P-Mode
ISO - 80 & 125
Lens = 28mm or 105mm (equiv)

Sharpening and saturation was done in-camera via "My Colors Setting". No middle ground today either ... everything taken was either at 28mm wide or at 105mm (maximum zoom). I still enjoy using this camera. Especially when those folks using their DSLRs with their expensive L-Series lenses sneered at me whilst simultaneously struggling to wield them with both hands. Plenty of DSLRs out there today. I think I got the better deal though.

• s95 - Wide (28mm) - P-Mode

• s95 - Max Zoom (105mm) - P-Mode

• s95 - Max Zoom (105mm) - P-Mode (Spot Metered)

One last thing... I deliberated took each of these pictures whilst in the process of walking (including the painting in the store window). One was even taken whilst walking backwards ...but I didn't stop to compose the shots and they were therefore taken "on the fly" as they say.

-- hide signature --
 Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow