ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeftyAce
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
Please help me fix this night shot!
Jan 30, 2011

Hi all,

I took this shot handheld with the D3000, and the 35mm 1.8 lens, and it's got all kinds of problems. The biggest one I'd like feedback on is the brutal CA around the white tower. Everywhere I see the term "CA" on these forums, it's immediately followed by "...which is really easy to fix in post" But I can't for the life of me figure it out. Right now I'm using UFRaw+Gimp, and I got a Fix-CA plugin with sliders for x,y, and lateral blue and red, and I can shift the fringes around, but all I ever seem to end up with is "different" not "better"

There's also a ton of grain, since I wasn't paying attention and had left auto-iso on, so it hit 1600, which for the d3000 is close to unusable.

I've attached an unedited version, my attempted fix (by fiddling with sliders and trying to get edges to look right....but it seems like fixing one edge screws up an edge on the other side), and a bw conversion that avoids the whole issue!

Any thoughts/suggestions/fixes much appreciated!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow