Started Jan 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
The X100 "samples"
Jan 25, 2011

I looked with interest at the X100 samples posted on the Norwegian site. Some look good and some look off. Then digging deeper, you find that Fuji somehow provided an X100 to these people with firmware that probably is not even up to "alpha" status. Menu entries were empty, place holders put in, etc. Clearly the camera is a barely functional machine at this point.

I don't know what is more amusing, that some "journalists" decided to review such a camera, or folks here are taking it seriously.

Imagine a brand new Mercedes Benz car delivered for review. The engine mapping software is not even at Alpha status yet, and so, the engine timing, fuel injection, exhaust monitoring, etc are not working optimally, or even at all! Clearly such a car would be awful compared to the final machine. The horsepower of the engine would be nowhere near it's design parameters. Now, what credibility would Car and Driver, or some other magazine have if they "reviewed" that car? How intelligent would the reader be to take such a review seriously?

No one, but no one is more excited about the X100 than I am. But I am going to wait until a real machine is produced to make a judgement about its abilities.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow