Started Jan 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dean A Givens
Regular MemberPosts: 243
Like?
P7000 Inquiry
Jan 25, 2011

First of all, let me say thanks to those who have shared photos taken with the P7000 in this forum. Your images have demonstrated to me that the image-wise, this camer is very capable.

I have a D300 and a D90 but I am looking for something smaller for those times I don't want to lug the "big stuff" around. Yet I still want to have the image quality, ability to make setting changes, decent low light quality, quick shutter operation, shoot in RAW, etc. that my DSLR's provide.

I am torn between getting a P7000 now and waiting for its successor, which reportedly may have improvements that include an articulated LCD screen (desirable) and improved operation (very desirable).

I looked at the Canon G products, which some reviewers seem to slightly prefer, but I intend to stay with a Nikon because I have other Nikon gear that will work with it (and too, I just prefer the Nikon ergonomics, IQ, etc.)

I am not in a rush to get a camera like this but I do intend to get one sometime this year--probably before July.

For those P7000 users, I would greatly appreciate your feedback on this camera versus waiting for a P8000 model that is generally expected to come out sometime this year and include the expected improvements.

I guess what I am asking is: knowing what you know about your camera now, if the P8000 comes with the expected improvements, would that be enough to make you want to upgrade or would you be perfectly happy with what you now have?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond!

-- hide signature --

show signature --
--
Deano

Think about how dumb the average person is about photography, and then realize half of them are even dumber than that - Be especially kind to those folks, you were once once of them.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow