Started Jan 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CronFini
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Followup to the D300/D300s
Jan 25, 2011

Hi, I've had the D300 for close to 3 years now. I skipped buying the D300s, as I didn't think it brought enough to the table to be worth upgrading to from the D300.

I've been pretty happy with the D300, though more and more I've been using my Panasonic LX5 because of the size. I want to get back to using a real DSLR, and to be frank I have not followed what Nikon has been up to the past couple of years.

So. I'm curious to hear of any followup to the D300/D300s line from Nikon - is there any, and if not right now, are there any rumors of one?

I'm pretty invested in Nikon glass, so I'd like to stay with Nikon for my DSLR needs. I'm pretty satisfied with the D300, but I wouldn't mind a few improvements, most importantly, I'd like better low-light performance at higher ISOs. I know I can get that with the D3s, but I don't want to go full frame as I like the versatility of the APS-C with my lenses.

So, any ideas or news on what may be happening to the D300/D300s line, or is that completely dead and Nikon has moved that market segment elsewhere to different cameras (and where would that be?)?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow