Started Jan 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
capeguy107
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Unbelievable Canon service
Jan 24, 2011

I'm sort of a novice but like to keep somewhat informed. About 6-7 yrs ago, I bought a Canon S1 IS 10x camera. I used it for 3 yrs and was reasonably satisfied even though I never took full advantage of the camera's abilities. One day the LCD screen went black and I spoke to a salesperson at Best Buy who told me that it would be very expensive to fix. As it was long out of warantee, I assumed it was DOA. I'm now thinking about buying a SX30 for the super zoom capability for my reference photos (I'm an artist). I was checking out the SX30 at a camera store when the salesperson mentioned that there was a recall on the S1 and that Canon might still be honoring it. I checked this site and read threads from 2007 and many indicated that Canon, when they ran out of parts, had even sent them new upgraded models. I contacted Canon and they sent me a shipping label and instructions 11 days ago. Today, (11 days later) I received my S1 totally repaired at absolutely no cost, other than driving to the UPS store. My wife is thrilled but I'm almost a little disappointed mainly because it's a little harder to justified a new SX30. This surely has influenced my thinking while trying to decide between the Canon SI and the Panasonic FZ40.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow