Finally stopped thinking... and ordered a D300s.. can't wait!

Started Jan 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ewhip
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
Finally stopped thinking... and ordered a D300s.. can't wait!
Jan 23, 2011

Almost all of my digital history has been with Minolta and then the Sony A700 (briefly had an a55 as well, but that's another story). Before that I had a string of Canon film SLRs. I really don't have anything bad to say about any of them at all, but I've always, always wanted a Nikon.

So recently I sold some things and started "the search" - I'm sure you've all been there. Mind numbing sessions of poring over specs, reviews, forums, etc. My head was exploding and every time I thought I'd made a decision, something would sway me another way. It's the most frustrating thing in the world!

Finally, last night, I'd just had enough and pulled the trigger on a D300s. Should be here later in the week and I can't wait. Change can be good and I'm looking forward to trying something new. Once I stopped thinking so much and scrutinizing every detail of every camera on the market, the choice was clear.

Thanks in advance to everyone here who has posted fabulous shots from their D300 and D300s - it really helped me make my choice...
Just thought I'd share...

ewhip's gear list:ewhip's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow