5D2 now, or 5D3 in april?

Started Jan 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nRequimM
Regular MemberPosts: 126
Like?
5D2 now, or 5D3 in april?
Jan 23, 2011

Got offered new 5D2 body for one thousand two hundred pounds, with warranty. Been wanting ff for ages now.

I tried mk2+24-70 briefly during new year, and af seemed fine for me. With rumor flying around, I don't know whether to wait. Though this seems too good to pass. And I know 5D2 is still brilliant. Plus could comfortably say it would take me years, if at all to push a 5D2 to limit, let alone mk3.

If decide not to take it - could still ask a friend to bring 5D3 from America in easter. Even with the depreciating dollar, and no 20% vat, if 5D3 launches at $2999, it would work out about twice as much as this 5D2 - for marginal improvement to my usage its just unnecessary. Thats relying on a quick launch too.

Inclined more towards a camera now, any tips?

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow