Started Jan 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Helmetfire
Regular MemberPosts: 408
Like?
Sell FZ100, get FZ38?
Jan 21, 2011

OK, I know that this question may well get some un-friendly replies, but I am stuck in a feedback loop and it is driving me potty. As the title of this post indicates, I am struggling to work out what is the best thing to do. I have an FZ100 but I am not happy with the IQ I am getting, even after a lot PP. I am not new to all this (I have been using Nikon D2x's for a few years now), and really enjoy PPing. I just can't get the IQ out the FZ100, on a regular basis, not matter how much I try. Now I know that there are a few people on this forum that turn out some damn good shots from the FZ100, but they seem to be in countries that have very good quality light. I, on the other hand, live in England, which does not generally have greatest quality light for most of the year. Couple this with the whole FZ100 sensor debate, and I am starting to think about getting rid of the FZ100, and getting the FZ38. I do not make a point of shooting video, but I do like the rear screen, and the inclusion of a 'hot-shoe'...not that I have an external flash yet. But is all this a reason to suffer 'bad' IQ?
OK, waffle over... If you were in my position what would you do?
Any help, views, would be welcome.
Thanks.

-- hide signature --

If in doubt, BANG OUT.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CCDNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow