If the world came to the end

Started Jan 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,344
Like?
Re: You are correct
In reply to Doug Larvey, Jan 21, 2011

Doug Larvey wrote:

I would take pictures. I would seal the memory cards in a blast proof box so in a few million years when things sprout up again the future humanoids could process them and see what happened to us.

The world isn't coming to an end. The earth will spin my friends. It's inhabitants will not. We humanoids aren't that powerful.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Assuming of course that in a few million years they will have heard of the Joint Photographic Experts Group and know how to read a jpeg and know how to read the ancient data from a card that is probably only going to keep it's integrity for 50 to 100 years. I suspect they might just think it to be a precious part of your shaving kit.

After all, what good would it do to know what we did? We know about Easter Island and yet we still think we are better than that and continue to barrel down the same kind of funnel. And like them we are changing religions to one following flying creatures that will come to save us and take us to an un-known place. (cept' of course that UFO's exist, don't they and aren't they here to save us from ourselves?)

-- hide signature --

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle

...oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HahaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow