Started Jan 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,034
Like?
Re: If the world came to the end
In reply to DonA2, Jan 21, 2011

dona2 wrote:

-- hide signature --

There is one other little worry. The poles are swapping, north-south. They are moving at an increasing rate, now several km a year. The north magnetic is not a reliable compass heading. This has happened in the distant past and we are still here.
Don V. Armitage

Yes the poles are always on the move. We are almost due for a flip but not for a while yet. Meanwhile, Krakatoa, west of Java is overdue again and is expected to be worse than last time but ehh! (shrug) we could use a mini ice age at the moment. I got a hunch a burp like that could do us good.

Look how it stirred up history last time. A frozen Thames, Turners paintings sparking Impressionism and arguably a large part of modern thought. The Irish potato famine. Crop failures that led up to wars including WWI ...Well it's kind of a never ending list really.

We only create doom when we fear change.

-- hide signature --

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle

...oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HahaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow