If the world came to the end

Started Jan 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,125
Like?
Re: That's what I said!
In reply to bikinchris, Jan 21, 2011

bikinchris wrote:

Yes, that's what I said. If you give them the weight of knowing when the world is ending, then why not ask why they didn't foretell their own end?

Actually, the end of the calendar was supposed to mean some religious event was supposed to happen AFAICT.

drh681 wrote:

Question:
If the Maya could foretell the future; why did they let Cortez get off the boat?

--
Member of The Pet Rock Owners and Breeders Association
Boarding and Training at Reasonable Rates
Photons by the bag.
Gravitons no longer shipped outside US or Canada
-----.....------

if I mock you, it may be well deserved.

-- hide signature --

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
“Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.”

Chris, Broussard, LA

My problem with this one is that, probably due to my ignorance or indifference, I have never seen the information that is supposed to connect the span of their calender to the span of time. It's sorta like thinking the world will end when the calender on my wall runs out. Yes the day after new years often feels like the end of the world but the only inevitability in it is that I won't learn my lesson before the next new years. I think somehow there is a certain amount of application of Judeo-Christian interpretation at play here within the academic.

-- hide signature --

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle

...oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HahaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow