Started Jan 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chicago Ed
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Olympus Evolt E620 vs. Canon Rebel 450D xsi
Jan 20, 2011

Ok--I decided to take the plunge into a DSLR and was leaning towards the Canon but I loved my Olympus point and shoot when I owned it hence the dilemma. I am a newbie and will probably be taking pics in auto mode in the beginning then eventually learning the various aspects and techniques of the dslr and ultimately have my photos published in National Geographic. LOL! Just kidding...

I'll be mainly taking shots of family, holidays, some outdoor shots, zoo, park, etc. and anything else that catches my eye. When my young son eventually gets involved in sports I'll want one that also takes good action shots, but that'll have to do with the lens, right? I also want the one that produces the least noise (at any ISO setting) and has great detail/image quality.

I couldn't find any side by side comparison pics to help me make a decision. Can anyone steer me in either direction? Anyone had any experience with both? Thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow