Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 or nikon D7000

Started Jan 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
steveTQP
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 or nikon D7000
In reply to bradbunnin, Jan 18, 2011

Hey Brad. This is exactly my dilemma...I already have a Lumix G2, which I got as a "travel" camera, due to all the advantages of the m4/3 system, while maintaining pretty high quality. I've made custom 16x22 prints from the G2 RAW (Tif) files, and am fairly pleased with the results. However, I am also quite enamored of the Nikon D7000 and the Nikon system in general, since my first SLRs were Nikons (Nikkormat FT3, Nikon FM, etc.). I am researching to find comparison images between the Lumix GH2 and the D7000, to evaluate overall image quality. The Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 pancake is an outstanding lens in terms of sharpness, speed, and compactness, and works flawlessly on the G2. So, I really wanted to see samples from this lens on a GH2, to compare with the Nikon D7000 and one of the "pro" Nikkors. I'm a sharpness nut, and don't care about video, so it's the still image quality that I would be impressed with. Are you saying that the D7000 images are superior than the GH2 in terms of sharpness and noise? If you want to see some sample images taken with the G2, please visit http://www.totalqualityphoto.com . Thanks!
--
Steve Solomon
steve@totalqualityphoto.com

steveTQP's gear list:steveTQP's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow