Started Jan 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ralf B
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,195Gear list
Like?
a55 + 70-300G: Handheld moon shot sample
Jan 16, 2011

Given the recent forum activity on how the 70-300G works on the SLTs, here is a shot which surprised me at how good it came out as 300 mm ought to be too short for a convincing moon pic.

The frame:

100% crop:

This is a jpeg straight out of cam in creative style "Standard" with only sharpness dialed up to +1. EV comp was -1. Looking at I would think are sharpening artifacts around the right side of the moon I will try to shoot the a55 with sharpening at zero next time.

I am very positively impressed with the IQ of the combo. It appears shooting handheld without the mirror slap of the a700 and a900 benefits this lens. If time allows i will sooner or later do a shootout. I want to rule out my a700 is mis-focussing with the G. I have gotten the best results form this lens so far from the a55.
--
Ralf
http://RalfRalph.smugmug.com/

Ralf B's gear list:Ralf B's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A55 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +13 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow