Started Jan 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,227
Like?
African safaris again
Jan 16, 2011

I've followed many threads on this topic for the past couple of years. My wife and I are finally planning to choose a trip and go - probably choosing the trip now and making the trip in 2012.

To frame this a little - we're definitely older, in our early 70s, but we're quite fit and active for our age. We'd like to see the migration in Tanzania-Kenya if at all possible. We want a reasonably long and detailed trip - 10-12 days of actual experience in Africa is our goal. Wildlife would be our focal point, as opposed to cities, cuisine, culture, etc. We definitely want a guided tour as opposed to driving ourselves. We'd like at least a large part share of the accomodations to be reasonably comfortable.

I have a folder of postings from the DPreview groups and elsehwere which I've saved and will consult. My wife's favored tour companies are Globus and International Expeditions. Can anyone give me specific feedback on these?

Also - of course - any thoughts at all on what worked - and what didn't work well - on your Africa tours will be very helpful.

Thanks - Bill Hansen

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow