Started Jan 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
steveleicaman
Contributing MemberPosts: 641Gear list
Like?
Re: M9 is best by a country mile
In reply to jl123, Jan 15, 2011

jl123 wrote:

Steve,

Forgive me for wondering (if this sounds a simple question) but your opinion on the GF seems so diametrically opposed to Xtoph's? What is it about the GF that for you makes it easier to focus in quick situations than the Leica? Or is it that the Leica takes more time to learn for you? thanks Xtoph and steve, jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I didn't say the GF was easier. It's different totally in it's handling to the M9. I love my M9. I can zone focus quite happily. I can't pocket it like the GF and the GF has reasonably quick AF. Both very different. Both easy to use in their own right.

One thing to be sure of though; when you look at the RAW files, there is no comparison. The M9 is in a different league. There is a richness and depth and smoothness to them that the GF can't even hope to get close to. But then again you would like to think so given the difference in cost..

Cheers,

Steve

steveleicaman's gear list:steveleicaman's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M9 Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow