Union Square or Why I love New York

Started Jan 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,447Gear list
Like?
Re: Union Square or Why I love New York
In reply to redrobin, Jan 14, 2011

Nice set and even better travelogue. I have a decent working knowledge of the City (and Broadway) from about halfway up the park down to about Madison Square/Penn Station area, but don't know the south end at all or any of the surrounding boroughs. Next time I'm up I'll head down to the south end and check it out more. NYC is in some ways America's greatest city, but its too intense for me for more than a few days at a time. I suppose if I lived there I'd adjust and learn to love it. But there are so many cool cities in the US and around the world. I live in the Philly area and there are great neighborhoods here as well. And now that I'm back into photography and seem to enjoy shooting in cities more than about anywhere else (got to have some people in my shots!), I'd love to get spend some time again in DC, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, and my old home towns of Seattle and Tucson. And to New Orleans, the only really great American city I've never been to. Which then just leaves the rest of the world!

Thanks for posting the set.

-Ray

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow