DPR Quick Poll - Brand Loyalty

Started Jan 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ConfuciusTse
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
Re: DPR Quick Poll - Brand Loyalty
In reply to RVG, Jan 14, 2011

I'm not into any niche photography yet so there is no special equipment I need that all the major brands don't already have. The biggest deciding factors for me were 1) in-body stabilization (awesome with primes), 2) APS-C sensors (that ruled out m4/3), and 3) access to cheap lenses (Minolta and third party).

That being said, if Sony really didn't fit my needs in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to jump ship. Sure there would be a financial penalty (or not, depending on the market at that time) but there's a value to being happy too.

As for the wife, well if I'm dropping $200 on an Easy Choice then there's no need to discuss. But if I'm going for a $2000 CZ or f2.8 telezoom then yeah, I think it's only fair that I get tacit approval at least. Of course that depends on everybody's individual financial situation. Sure it would be nice if the wife just rubber stamped everything but that's not the kind of wife I would ever want as that kind of attitude and thinking rolls over into other aspects of personality and character.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow