Started Jan 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fawnagirl
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
I am freaking out right now...
Jan 13, 2011

I am freaking out right now because I was asked to do a gig that is bigger than I've worked on before. It's for a rock band. They have their own lighting, location, stage, etc. I would say 99% of the pictures will be taken at night. One of the backgrounds is supposed to be a garage door wetted down, then a line of fire will be lit up in front of the door while the band members stand in front and I and my crew catch the shot.

My equipment is a Pentax KX and I have the 50-200mm and 18-55mm lenses. I have a cheaper Panasonic backup which I know is good at taking night shots. I will need to get the most fps since the flames are only going to last so long.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated on how to prepare for this and what to keep in mind when shooting. (i.e. should I invest in more lenses or not?, etc.)

Also, I was wondering if I should trade in the camera I have to purchase a more expensive one. The only thing is I have a tight budget.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow