ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rd6
rd6
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
another entry level DSLR question
Jan 12, 2011

I am hoping to develop my digital photography skills. I have been shooting wiht a Panasonic FZ35 but would like more control and better IQ. I had a Nikon N90 and have several Nikon AF-D lenses which I understand could be used manually with the D3100 so I thought I would go with that but the reality is I probably would get the 18-105mm lens and use that mostly. Additionally, I have read that the D3100 is a little easier to learn to use???

I do enjoy macro photograpy and would eventually want a seperate lens for that. Alternatively, the Canon T2i seems to get better reviews so I wonder if the fact that I have these AF-D lenses (28-70mm, 105mm and 70-300mm) should affect my decision. In addition to macro I like shooting kids and pets, landscapes and travel sites. The movie capabilities are secondary to me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have gone back and forth between the 2 several times and need assistance.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow