LX3 owner asks - "Do I want LX5 or TL500?"

Started Jan 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
AWPhotos
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Re: TL500 has better sensor
In reply to SamTruax, Jan 12, 2011

SamTruax wrote:

Do you shoot RAW? Just judging by sample shots on this site and others the Samsung doesn't seem to retain much detail at higher ISOs compared to the LX 5, LX 3 or the Canon models. All the samples look smudged.

I just want to know if things are that much better when you shoot RAW because I was steering away from that one after seeing the high ISO samples online.
Thanks
--
Sam

'Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it... albeit probably in colour the second time around.'

I only shoot RAW with the EX1 because it's very much better than JPG! The LX3 had much more noise in high ISO (from 800) JPG's and only little more detail than the EX1 JPG's but when shooting RAW the EX1 pictures are definitely better than the LX3 pix. The EX1 is the best compact camere i've ever used, but don't compare it to a DSLR, the big DSLR would have much better IQ at higher ISO but it cost's very much more money and weight you have to handle!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow