Started Jan 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
filmrescue
Contributing MemberPosts: 650
Like?
Photoshop - Changing default auto color balance in curves
Jan 12, 2011

I'm using CS4 and using it to do the fix-up for 10s of thousands of scanned Kodak Disc Film images. A service my company offers because few others are covering it properly.

Lightroom would be the obvious approach to this but there are needed features and available plug-ins for Photoshop that are not there or available for Lightroom. I also find that because every picture needs to be individually worked, using a well constructed action is just as fast if not faster then what I could do in Lightroom. There is one issue though.

One of the steps in my action for disc film is a curve with a stop on it. The curve is recorded so that it opens and first does an auto adjustment and then because there is a stop on it I can then do fine tuning to the auto adjustment or toss the auto and work it completely manually. For the most part this works well but I find that over and over again pictures are blue in the shadow after the auto correction and I need to access the blue channel and remove the blue from the shadow. I know there are ways to adjust your highlight and shadow clipping for the auto curves but no where can I see a way of adjusting how the auto responds to color other than algorithms in the options tab in the curves window but this doesn't do what I need.

Any help out there?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow