Started Jan 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,049Gear list
Like?
My Decision is made, I'm KEEPING the A55
Jan 12, 2011

After some extensive shooting tonight in a final test to see if I was going to be keeping the A55 my dealer gave me to try or order a Olympus PL2, I and my wife agreed the color, sharpness, exposures and overall quality of the image from the A55 takes all. I'm keeping it with the kit lens. My dealer is placing his Tamron order tomorrow and will include a Tamron 70-300 which is the new one with the silent motor and all. You just can't beat that lens for $450 as compared to the G series model. which is 2x the price. I am also likely going to order a 50mm f1.8 for the low light stuff. I can't afford the Zeiss at this point anyway. I need to sell off my mft lenses. Well, that's that and I"m pleased with what I'm seeing. Now if this frozen tundra ever thaws out and gets green again I might actually get out and shoot more. 12 degrees is a bit much Just for fun here is one of the shots I took that really did it for me. The color tones are DEAD on for what my eye saw. I was mightily impressed.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow