Started Jan 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stone18
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
7D experience vs. older models
Jan 11, 2011

I'm looking to upgrade my Canon 30D very soon. I shoot everything (indoor and outdoor sports, news events, nature, travel, even the occassional wedding) using my Canon 17-55 2.8, and Canon 70-200 2.8 (non-IS).

I need an all-around camera, and would like to add video cability w/o having to haul and set up my Canon Vixia.

Anyway, here's a list of cameras I've owned in the past:

Canon EOS 3 (film): awesome, fast, bright viewfinder, terrific camera but ate film for lunch and dinner!

Canon Digital Rebel (original version): just awful in so many ways.

Canon 1D (original version): bought it used and it was an incredible machine in good light, a tank, I miss it's focus ability and speed but not the noisy files at iso 400 and above.

Canon 30D: It's worked fine, but lacks so many of the things I liked about the EOS 3 and original 1D.

All that said, my budget puts me between the 60D and 7D but am leaning toward the 7D in hopes that it mirrors some of what I loved about my old EOS 3 and 1D.

If you've "been around awhile" like me, will the 7D compare favorably to the good things I liked about the 1d and EOS 3? I'm just afraid that (other than video) the 60D won't be a big step forward from my 30D.

Thoughts?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow