Started Jan 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ron Kruger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,975
Like?
Underwater P&S?
Jan 10, 2011

I started playing around with a 12 MP underwater P&S in freshwater streams and rivers last summer and sold some shots from it right away.

I bought it as a cheap way to investigate underwater light, figuring I would upgrade to a more professional quality underwater camera later, but I find the protability from this pocket camera a major advantage, and, surprisingly, the IQ is adaquate for reproduction.

But I have two problems with it. The biggest is composing pictures. Using live-view on the LCD is akward enough in the first place (this is the first P&S I've owned), but when holding it underwater, I can't see it at all. I have to point and guess. An underwater P&S with a tilt/swivel LCD would be great, but I haven't come across one.

The other is the shutter lag--very annoying--especially for fish swimming around.

I suppose shutter lag is an unavoidable nature of the beast, although I understand some models have shorter lag, but if I could just find one with a tilt LCD, I'd be pleased.
Any suggestions?
--

In the end, the only things that matter are the people we help and the people we hurt. http://pa.photoshelter.com/user/ronkruger

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow