ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPG
JPG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,203
Like?
The Reason I Will Never Buy A Nikon D7000 Camera:
Jan 10, 2011

Sunday, I had the opportunity to play around with a friends new Nikon D7000. I had problem with it. The OVF was so dark and unclear, I was unable to accurately manual focus it, maybe it was just my old-age and declining eyesight, I don't know. Then my friend put a Tamaron 18-55 lens on it. The zoom function was rather sticky and plasticy, it was not smooth like one should expect. Of course I'm used to working with a Leica R6.2 and a Hasselblad 500C/M with a PME prism finder. Both cameras have split image OVF's as bright as day, none of this foggy dull stuff on the D7000. The all metal Vario-Elmar R 35-70 mm. lens for my Leica moves like real silk, -real quality, none of that cheap plasticy feeling of the Tamaron.

So, I guess that's why I was very impressed with Sony's A77 at the local dealers. I will just have to wait and see how Sony's proposed upcoming 700 works out with it's magnesium alloy body and improved EVF.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow