A New TV?

Started Jan 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
Debbie Renae
Contributing MemberPosts: 554
Like?
Re: A New TV?
In reply to Ray Maines, Jan 10, 2011

you want a great tv? look at the samsung led's. we have a 46" led samsung that is unbelievable in picture quality. absolutely the best tv we have ever purchased, bar none.

Ray Maines wrote:

OK, I totally understand this is a photography web site, but I really don't have anywhere else to turn. You guys are my "family", so to speak, and I'm in a little over my head about the purchase of a new TV. Maybe I'll look at my photo's on the new TV, who knows.

Is there any particular reason to either buy or avoid a LG 46" TV, model number LG 46LD550? Costco has it for a pretty good price and the spec's look good.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11602026&whse=BC&Ne=5000001+4000000&eCat=BC |90607|2341&N=4047300%204294905063&Mo=1&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1〈=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Forty six inches seems to be about the right size for my living room, and I don't foresee myself getting all crazy with internet access, 3D, or any other esoteric features. Picture In Picture seems like it would be a good thing, but I don't know if this TV supports that or not. My living room is well lit, and all the seating would be pretty much in front of the TV.

Separate question: This TV has a USB input. Does this mean I could stick a "Thumb Drive" (or whatever they may be called) into that port and see my pictures on screen? Is it likely there would would be some sort of Slide Show feature built into the TV, or would I have to manually change the pictures?

I'm looking for an education here. Any comments you care to make would be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Tacoma, Washington, USA

-- hide signature --

Debbie Renae

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow