A New TV?

Started Jan 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ray Maines
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,265Gear list
Like?
I bought it & it's great! Thanks for the help
In reply to Ray Maines, Jan 9, 2011

Ray Maines wrote:

Is there any particular reason to either buy or avoid a LG 46" TV, model number LG 46LD550?

I bought the TV, a small LG home theater system (LHB 335) to go with it, and upgraded to High Definition cable all at the same time. It was more complicated than it should have been to piece it together, but after two pleasant and helpful phone calls to the support centers of LG and Comcast it's all up and running and I'm happy with it. There are still two too many remotes, but if I stop and think for a moment before I start pushing buttons it all works pretty well.

Forty six inches seems to be about the right size for my living room, ...

My wife wanted a smaller one but I'm glad we got the bigger unit.

and I don't foresee myself getting all crazy with internet access, ...

I might have been wrong about this. I'm going to start working on getting an internet connection to the TV and then we'll see what Netflix and some of the other stuff is all about.

Separate question: This TV has a USB input. Does this mean....?

It's pretty cool to see my pictures on a 46" HD screen. There is a big difference between the old film pictures that have been scanned, the P&S digital pictures and the ones from a DSLR.

I'm looking for an education here. Any comments you care to make would be appreciated.

You guys were great. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Ray Maines's gear list:Ray Maines's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow