Why would a photographer go to New York? Pics please

Started Jan 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
pmong
Senior MemberPosts: 2,294Gear list
Like?
Empting and repopulating
In reply to JosephD05, Jan 8, 2011

Thanks for the link, and articles from The Onion usually make for a good, intelligent, humorous read. There is such a complex and intriguing love-hate relationship with NYC.

What I really enjoyed is the very last part, having now lived in both global cities. (We like to be called Angelenos.)

"By Tuesday night, New York was completely abandoned. At press time, however, some 10 million Los Angeles–area residents, tired of their self-centered, laid-back culture and lack of four distinct seasons, and yearning for the hustle and bustle of East Coast life, had already begun repopulating the city."

JosephD05 wrote:

Sorry, I lived in NY after college and have been working in the city for many years. Its great and all, but after work I can't wait to get out. Please take no offense to this, it's all in good fun. As I read your post, all I can think of is this:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/84-million-new-yorkers-suddenly-realize-new-york-c,18003/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow