China, Australia California what to take.

Started Jan 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bigbob Irwin
Contributing MemberPosts: 789
Like?
China, Australia California what to take.
Jan 8, 2011

Hi

I am off to China in August/September for a 8 day tour to see Beijing (Great Wall etc) Xian (Terracotta Army) and Shanghi then off to Australia to stay 2 weeks with relatives probably good wildlife photography and finally going to SF area California were I will meet my Brother who is flying out from the UK. Main point of this is to see Yosemite and Brice Canyon we will be hiring a car for 6 days I do not know what wildlife potential there is California. Now I am swithering what to take and whether to make it easy on myself re weight and just enjoy the trip or take the no pain no gain attitude.

At my disposal are Cameras EOS 500D EOS 50D Lenses Sigma 18-50 f2.8 Tamron Macro 90 f2.8 Canon 100-400L Sigma Flash EF530-DG ST plus a travel tripod or monopod.

Now would you leave the 100-400 plus flash and extra body at home and buy something smaller like the Canon 55-250 (with the Sigma I have ) or just buy a travel lens a Canon 18-200 or Tamron 18-270 or forget all of the above and get a Canon G12 or something. Any other ideas like I could get the 55-250 and keep the 100-400 in my main luggage until needed but don't know how safe that would be I would like a telephoto whether it is the long end of a G12 or something else for people shots as well as any possible wildlife opportunities. I would think in China it would be the 18-50 mm range I would be using most any help appreciated

Cheers

Bob

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow