Eternal Fight: 15-85 vs. 17-55

Started Jan 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
GurneyHalleck
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Re: Two lenses born at differnt times in Canon mktg ....
In reply to glasswave, Jan 8, 2011

Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, that's the big dilemma. We don't just have to choose lenses by the focal length, but also by the aperture. And sadly for the range I want Canon offers 2 lenses which aren't cheap and are different in speed. The combination of the 15-85 and the 17-55 would be a hit - but I cannot really believe Canon will release something like that soon. Why should they, there are enough people like me who try to figure out which one to buy and probably and up buying both. (Congratulation Canon).

Now I actually hoped that Tamron or Sigma see the signs and put a 15-50/70 2.8f or 3.5f on the market.

Walk-around lens for me would mean it'll cover the the range below telephoto and above extrem-wide-angle and with a sufficient speed. And I am willing to pay up too 1000 USD -but right now I am really not really sure what to do.

GurneyHalleck's gear list:GurneyHalleck's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow