Fuji Marketing should be ashamed

Started Jan 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
fmaxwell
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
*Billx08 has been caught lying... Again.
In reply to Billx08, Jan 8, 2011

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The following shows where I caught Billx08 telling an outright lie:

I wrote:

But since you've decided that sales of bare drives proves that PC users commonly replace their own hard drives, even larger sales of USB hard drives disprove that your claims about a "vast majority" of users not having backup drives. Can't have it both ways.

Billx08 wrote:

I made no such claim. You're a slippery one, you are. If you really can't understand what I wrote you should try, try again, but I doubt that you have the integrity to do so.

You have a lot of gall starting that paragraph with a bald-faced lie and then questioning my integrity. You wrote:

The vast majority of Mac users don't own backup drives either, but they could buy them.

That was in the message that you wrote at 1:47:50 PM, Friday, January 07, 2011 (GMT) in this thread.

Notice how I caught Billx08 telling an outright lie,
which he tried to cover-up by not answering.

You're so cute when you play the insanity card. But for others that may have missed what you didn't quote :

My total restore time on my Mac would be many hours because I have terabytes of data. Should I compare that to how long it would take you to restore to a 120GB hard drive?

You just proved that I never said that your system had a 120GB drive. You decided to read the phrase "a 120GB hard drive" as "your sole hard drive which is only 120GB in size." It was yet another straw man argument from you, you liar.

Lest you or anyone forgets, you're the one that initially made it appear that restoring would be a trivial 30 minute exercise.

You got caught trying to concoct a straw man argument by pretending that "my time" meant or implied "total time." You came up with that bit of idiocy and you're still trying to pin a claim on me that I never made

You just can't keep from stepping into it, can you. If you deigned to read my replies in this thread you'd have realized that I have little use for USB hard drives. USB2 that is. What I do have is 6 multi-terabyte drives that each have eSATA, Firewire 400, Firewire 800 and USB2 ports. FYI, I don't use the USB2 ports, and if you read more carefully in this thread you'd see that my future hard drive requirements are eSATA and USB3. So much for your ludicrous attempt to deliver a smug, condescending insult.

Then let me correct my smug, condescending insult:

If your sense of self-worth is determined by a few USB   external hard drives, which each cost about as much as a decent meal for two   four at a restaurant, that's just sad.

I wrote:
Yes, and it's far more reliable than the source you used {blah, f-ing, blah}"

Billx08 wrote:

If you're going to quote me, don't be dishonest and insert your own vulgarity to make it appear that it was what I wrote.

I put that there to keep from quoting your unwarranted attack on me and your blatant attempt to change the subject.

Thank you for confirming your dishonesty, compounded by making the "change the subject" charge after you had done so several times.

Stop lying. You know that I put the braces there to show that the enclosed text was not part of what you wrote. No one else read that as something you wrote or thought it was intended by me to be read that way.

And all of that is just another example of you trying to hide your lies. You lied when you claimed to have a "reliable" source for your claim that the "vast majority" of Mac users don't have backup drives. When asked to provide the (fictitious) source, you tried to deflect by pretending that a typical writing convention was some kind of nefarious plot to make it look like you used the words "blah" and "f-ing." You're simultaneously pathetic and despicable.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow