Started Jan 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Les Hall
Senior MemberPosts: 1,383Gear list
LX3 owner asks - "Do I want LX5 or TL500?"
Jan 8, 2011

I have an LX3 that I have enjoyed since they came out. My wife very kindly bought me a GF1 20mm kit for Xmas. But I sent it back because the lens wasn't wide enough. I need 28mm (equivalent) minimum, prefer 24mm or wider.

So I have roughly $600 in credit to buy.....

If I got an LX5 I would sell the LX3, but would I see enough improvement? I must say the video looks very good and I like the idea of the EVF, even though people dis' it.

I looked at a Samsung TL500 today and it is a great looking & feeling camera, but Frys did not have it charged up so I could not 'play' with it.

Anything else I should consider? I almost bought a GRDIII but it has no Image Stabilization which these days I need. The G12 and Nikon 7000 are just too ugly. I thought about the Sony NX3 with the 16mm lens. Also the new Olympus looks interesting, but I believe it is 28mm??

So any suggestions? Would love to hear from LX3 owners who find the LX5 that much better.

Thanks, Les

“I go to the theatre to be entertained. I don’t want to see plays about rape, sodomy
and drug addiction...I can get all that at home.” Peter Cook

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow