ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GurneyHalleck
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Eternal Fight: 15-85 vs. 17-55
Jan 7, 2011

Hello,

I certainly don't want to open another thread about which one is better....that has been discussed many many times.

For me, currently, the 15-85 is the way to go, because I have a fast prime (50mm/1.4) for the dark-light shots, and the Tamron 70-300 VC for the tele. I need a walkaround lens and I like the additional range of the 15-85. And I also don't want another extra wide range lens.

The only problem is the price. I mean regarding the IQ the 15-85 won't be even that much better than the 18-55IS with the same speed limitation. I was wondering if anybody heard lately of rumors if maybe Sigma or Tamron will finally offer something similar-means a nice walk-around with the wide-range capabilities. And then either with a lower price tag or faster aperture.

Also, the price of the Canon hasn't dropped lately except for the rebate program last year. I can wait a couple of months if I would know that there is something at the horizon.

(using a APS-C body)

GurneyHalleck's gear list:GurneyHalleck's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow