ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,626Gear list
Like?
Tamron 18-270 PZD - opinions?
Jan 7, 2011

Hi there,

I am waiting for my PZD (should be delivered today from Amazon), but while waiting - was searching for real reviews online basically with no success...

At Amazon there is only one review:

"I had the first version of this lens which I like very much -- and much to surprise, this much smaller, much lighter, but higher quality lens from Tamron is even better!....The photos are sharp across the entire focal range (better than the Nikon 18-200) with a much better focal range.

It is significantly smaller than the original, and the new motor is fast. Most surprising, it even focuses faster in lower light situations. The new internal motor clearly works well.

This can pretty much stay on your camera all the time. It's great for walk-around; it's light an non-intrusive; and the shots are sharp and clear. I love this lens. "

Is anyone already got it and have an opinion? I wouldn't compare it to primes or PRO 2.8 zooms, but how is it all in all? I know, I am hopefully going to get my opinion on it by the end of the day, but very interested to hear other people opinions...

God bless,
Grig

-- hide signature --

Real photography - it's just the ability to see what was already created by God!
http://www.pbase.com/grig

Grig's gear list:Grig's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow