Can we expect an firmware upgrade for SLT A55/A33?

Started Jan 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SthlmKid
Regular MemberPosts: 144Gear list
Like?
Can we expect an firmware upgrade for SLT A55/A33?
Jan 7, 2011

Hi you guys.

I've been playing around with the a55 for a couple of month now and I am very pleased with this machine.

I've always been a compact user before (Canon G10, G11) and decided to go more serious.

I'm happy with my choice, although there are some stuff I'd like see being changed.

First and most important, JPEG ISO , there are just auto or weak, here I want to be able to switch it completely off. JPEG 800+ gets a little to smeary for my taste and therefor I'd rather have a little more noise and detail instead.

Second, camera shoot delay 2, 10 sec doesn't work with multiframe noisereduction, please make it work.

Third, (tho cant be fixed by firmware) is the AF points are to packed up, when im looking at the display it feels like I would like to have one more circle with AF points over the existing, so its able to take photos with focus down in the corners, now It always somehow feels to centered.

Can we expect an firmware upgrade for A55/A33 anytime soon, and with these type of upgrades?

Otherwise I'd like to thank Sony for this nice camera, so much power in a small box is perfect for me.

Take care guys!

SthlmKid's gear list:SthlmKid's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow